cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Put text as a default value in a Dropdown

I am creating a request application.

There are 2 dropdowns and both are link to different data source.

Dropdown1 links to a Sharepoint Master List that keeps all available reasons for the request and the level of importance of each reason.

Dropdown2 links to a Sharepoint List  that keeps all requests which also keep the level of importance of each request (The type of this column is "choice" including High, Medium, Low).

In my application, I want user to select a reason from dropdown1 and dropdown2 will change to High, Medium, Low accordingly.

My code in dropdown2.default is: Dropdown1.Selected.Level.Value

dropdown2.items is: Choices([@'Application Request'].'Level')

But there is an error on dropdown2 that it expects Record values while my rule produce Text values which are incompatible.

Is there a way to force this text value in to Dropdown2?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eka24
Super User
Super User

Because the second is a Combobox and not a Dropdown control, use the DefaultSelectedItems instead of Default:

Change the code to  {Value: Dropdown3.Selected.Value}  or {Level: Dropdown3.Selected.Value} or {Value:Dropdown3.Selected.ColumnName}

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Consider Checking My Youtube Channel

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
eka24
Super User
Super User

Can you show the formula on the Items property of the Dropdown1 and Dropdown2 because Dropdown1.Selected.Value  or Dropdown1.Selected.ColumnName should work.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, here it is.

dd1.jpg

eka24
Super User
Super User

Because the second is a Combobox and not a Dropdown control, use the DefaultSelectedItems instead of Default:

Change the code to  {Value: Dropdown3.Selected.Value}  or {Level: Dropdown3.Selected.Value} or {Value:Dropdown3.Selected.ColumnName}

------------

Consider Checking My Youtube Channel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,599)