cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Query Lookup Column Threshold

Error Message: "The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: The query cannot be completed because the number of lookup columns it contains exceeds the lookup column threshold enforced by the administrator"

Upon searching the above error message in this community forum you get about 5 posts for people looking for help on the topic. The solution options from those posts using Power Apps are disappointing where the best solution is to use another product, Power Automate, to build up a collection of SharePoint data to use. A helpful blog post, however this adds needless complexity.

How to Get Filtered Items from SharePoint List to PowerApps using Microsoft Flow
https://www.netwoven.com/2018/12/11/how-to-get-filtered-items-from-sharepoint-list-to-powerapps-usin...
By Sukanta Saha

Upon searching the ideas forums, you will find no less than 4 posts asking for a fix which Power Automate has already developed; "Point at a SharePoint VIEW with less lookup columns"

Power App Idea Posts
View in PowerApps based on sharepoint list view 143
SharePoint list View as DataSource 8
Connect to SharePoint Views in PowerApps 58
Ability to Point a Gallery at a SharePoint View 0
Total Votes 209

@microsoft Can we not share this code across platforms and get a quick win?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Query Lookup Column Threshold

@schuess3 

Thanks for your feedback. I will take your voice to PowerApps Team.

Hope the feature is on the agenda soon.

Sik

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

@schuess3 

Thanks for your feedback. I will take your voice to PowerApps Team.

Hope the feature is on the agenda soon.

Sik

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Any updates on this? I can only find one workaround (using Flow) and I cannot find anyone who's managed to get that to work.

Can we expect a fix in PA - this year? Or not?

Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

@Daryl_K I can not get the work-around in flow to work either. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Please take the request to the Power BI team too.   Much of my work on linking in Sharepoint list data would be very much simplified if I could get a view rather than the whole table with all linked tables, calculated columns, lookups on people and workflows and ad Nauseum.

It seems very reasonable for not only a Sharepoint List connector but also a Sharepoint List View connector to exist.   In 90% of the usage of Sharepoint tables, that would be the preferred access method, be it for Power BI, Flow, Power Apps et al.   Especially as we can then reduce the data transmission and management to what was actually wanted.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Any idea when this would be resolved ?  

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

I think we can split the list into several lists

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,869)