Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bartsio
Helper I
Helper I

Query Problem

Dear all,

I have an app used for entry in SP List.

After entry screen I provide to the users some statistics.

I use SortByColumns Filter and GroupBy in order to present that data fro the SP List. The query is based in a dropdown where user can choose the month. 

The problem is that when user chooses 5 - 8 (May to August), the query works perferct. But in other cases not despite data exist in SP List.

Do you have any suggestion?

4 REPLIES 4
Ashwin7104
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hey @bartsio  - Would you mind sharing your query so we can take a look ? Thanks.

@Ashwin7104 

SortByColumns(Filter(GroupBy(timesheets_output;"Title";"Year";"Month_name";"DATA");Title=name And Year=Year_dropdown_3.Selected.Result);"Month_name";Ascending)

Ashwin7104
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hey @bartsio - I learned from your question that you would like to filter the dataset by month but I noticed in your query that you actually filtered year column. 

SortByColumns(Filter(GroupBy(timesheets_output;"Title";"Year";"Month_name";"DATA");Title=name And Year=Year_dropdown_3.Selected.Result);"Month_name";Ascending)

Also I assume dataset are filtered based on month name. 

If this post helped you, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

bartsio
Helper I
Helper I

@Ashwin7104  That's not the problem. I want both groupby lavels. The thing is that I am aware if PowerApps works well with highly populated SP Lists. My list has over 1500 entries and the number is growing day by day!

Do you think that this is a problem?

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,612)