Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bartsio
Helper I
Helper I

Query Problem

Dear all,

I have an app used for entry in SP List.

After entry screen I provide to the users some statistics.

I use SortByColumns Filter and GroupBy in order to present that data fro the SP List. The query is based in a dropdown where user can choose the month. 

The problem is that when user chooses 5 - 8 (May to August), the query works perferct. But in other cases not despite data exist in SP List.

Do you have any suggestion?

4 REPLIES 4
Ashwin7104
Super User
Super User

Hey @bartsio  - Would you mind sharing your query so we can take a look ? Thanks.

@Ashwin7104 

SortByColumns(Filter(GroupBy(timesheets_output;"Title";"Year";"Month_name";"DATA");Title=name And Year=Year_dropdown_3.Selected.Result);"Month_name";Ascending)

Hey @bartsio - I learned from your question that you would like to filter the dataset by month but I noticed in your query that you actually filtered year column. 

SortByColumns(Filter(GroupBy(timesheets_output;"Title";"Year";"Month_name";"DATA");Title=name And Year=Year_dropdown_3.Selected.Result);"Month_name";Ascending)

Also I assume dataset are filtered based on month name. 

If this post helped you, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

bartsio
Helper I
Helper I

@Ashwin7104  That's not the problem. I want both groupby lavels. The thing is that I am aware if PowerApps works well with highly populated SP Lists. My list has over 1500 entries and the number is growing day by day!

Do you think that this is a problem?

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,903)