Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tianaranjo
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Query a SP list with greater than 33k items

Greetings,

I am seeking the option to pull data into an app based on one or multiple search criteria.  The SP list, where the data is housed, has 33k + items.  My goal is to provide the user a Search screen and not pull any data into the app until they query it.  If a user selects multiple criteria, i.e. State, Project Year, and Project Category, I would like to display the data in a gallery.  If a user selects a unique item, based on project number, then I would like to display the details for that project in a DisplayForm or Labels.  

The question is - how can i query the data in SP.  I understand delegation and was trying to test by displaying a project utilizing the Lookup function.  However, that does not work. 

Tagging all who I follow or have been most responsive.  Thank you!

@v-monli-msft

@Shanescows

@Meneghino

@audrieg

@CarlosFigueira

@mr-dang

10 REPLIES 10
tianaranjo
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Jeff_Thorpe@v-monli-msft

I have tried all ways described with no luck.  I do notice, however, that when I initially put the formula in I do not get the redline error.  It is when I initiate the filter that I receive the following - 'An error occurred on the server'.  This leads me to wonder - do i need to add the App ID for the PowerApps somewhere in the SharePoint security settings - allowing the app to process on the query on SP? (Similar to the process for embedding an app?)

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (72,416)