cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Question About Screen Rendering/Instance Behavior

Hello Everyone,

I have an application that uses flows to delete and update information in SharePoint lists.  Because Flows run SOOO slowly I constantly run into race condition issues whenever they need to work with the same data point in a list.  To solve this I've introduced delayed calls to the flows via non-visible timers in PowerApps.  So, one flow is called, a 20 second timer is set, once it completes the second flow goes.

I now run into the use case where the user wants to use the same screen within that 20 seconds.  It seems to me that Powerapps only allows one instance of a screen to exist at a time, therefore, when they navigate back to that screen it resets the timer to its default state meaning that the second flow is never called.

Am I correct that Powerapps only allows one instance of a screen to exist? is there a way around this? so that the initial screen could exist until the timer completes its count and calls the second flow?

Cheers,

AChillyCanadian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Re: Question About Screen Rendering/Instance Behavior

As I understand with the below Issue.

My Suggestion is better for the use of "Respond to Power App".

VijayTailor_0-1600721058266.png

and Run the Flow Based on Value so Timer Issue not Happened. Hope this solution helps you to resolve your issue 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

As I understand with the below Issue.

My Suggestion is better for the use of "Respond to Power App".

VijayTailor_0-1600721058266.png

and Run the Flow Based on Value so Timer Issue not Happened. Hope this solution helps you to resolve your issue 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello @VijayTailor , While I'm sure that would have worked I ended up writing a new flow that simply included both initial flows logic in it, it is forced to run sequentially therefore it no-longer produces a race condition.  It now works, even though updating entries in SharePoint lists can take up to 90 seconds.

Thanks for the help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,381)