cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AColdCanadian
Frequent Visitor

Question About Screen Rendering/Instance Behavior

Hello Everyone,

I have an application that uses flows to delete and update information in SharePoint lists.  Because Flows run SOOO slowly I constantly run into race condition issues whenever they need to work with the same data point in a list.  To solve this I've introduced delayed calls to the flows via non-visible timers in PowerApps.  So, one flow is called, a 20 second timer is set, once it completes the second flow goes.

I now run into the use case where the user wants to use the same screen within that 20 seconds.  It seems to me that Powerapps only allows one instance of a screen to exist at a time, therefore, when they navigate back to that screen it resets the timer to its default state meaning that the second flow is never called.

Am I correct that Powerapps only allows one instance of a screen to exist? is there a way around this? so that the initial screen could exist until the timer completes its count and calls the second flow?

Cheers,

AChillyCanadian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VijayTailor
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

As I understand with the below Issue.

My Suggestion is better for the use of "Respond to Power App".

VijayTailor_0-1600721058266.png

and Run the Flow Based on Value so Timer Issue not Happened. Hope this solution helps you to resolve your issue 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
VijayTailor
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

As I understand with the below Issue.

My Suggestion is better for the use of "Respond to Power App".

VijayTailor_0-1600721058266.png

and Run the Flow Based on Value so Timer Issue not Happened. Hope this solution helps you to resolve your issue 

Hello @VijayTailor , While I'm sure that would have worked I ended up writing a new flow that simply included both initial flows logic in it, it is forced to run sequentially therefore it no-longer produces a race condition.  It now works, even though updating entries in SharePoint lists can take up to 90 seconds.

Thanks for the help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,662)