cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AColdCanadian
Frequent Visitor

Question About Screen Rendering/Instance Behavior

Hello Everyone,

I have an application that uses flows to delete and update information in SharePoint lists.  Because Flows run SOOO slowly I constantly run into race condition issues whenever they need to work with the same data point in a list.  To solve this I've introduced delayed calls to the flows via non-visible timers in PowerApps.  So, one flow is called, a 20 second timer is set, once it completes the second flow goes.

I now run into the use case where the user wants to use the same screen within that 20 seconds.  It seems to me that Powerapps only allows one instance of a screen to exist at a time, therefore, when they navigate back to that screen it resets the timer to its default state meaning that the second flow is never called.

Am I correct that Powerapps only allows one instance of a screen to exist? is there a way around this? so that the initial screen could exist until the timer completes its count and calls the second flow?

Cheers,

AChillyCanadian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VijayTailor
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

As I understand with the below Issue.

My Suggestion is better for the use of "Respond to Power App".

VijayTailor_0-1600721058266.png

and Run the Flow Based on Value so Timer Issue not Happened. Hope this solution helps you to resolve your issue 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
VijayTailor
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

As I understand with the below Issue.

My Suggestion is better for the use of "Respond to Power App".

VijayTailor_0-1600721058266.png

and Run the Flow Based on Value so Timer Issue not Happened. Hope this solution helps you to resolve your issue 

Hello @VijayTailor , While I'm sure that would have worked I ended up writing a new flow that simply included both initial flows logic in it, it is forced to run sequentially therefore it no-longer produces a race condition.  It now works, even though updating entries in SharePoint lists can take up to 90 seconds.

Thanks for the help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,183)