Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jvdlinden
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Question about Onboarding Tasks canvas app

Hi all,

I am trying out the Onboarding Tasks canvas template app.

There's one thing that I find disturbing.

When I launch the app, it welcomes me and displays my team members in a Gallery. But you'll notice that the images to not take the entire space of the gallery, which leads to the images not being centered on the screen:

onboarding-tasks.png

The Gallery control itself is perfectly centered.

Would it be possible to center the images inside the Gallery control?

Many thanks!

Joost

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wyotim
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hey @jvdlinden, I would suggest setting a dynamic width to your gallery based on the number of items in the gallery and their width. The way to do this would be something like

CountRows(Gallery.AllItems) * Gallery.TemplateWidth

in the gallery's Width property. 

You may want to set some maximum condition so that the width stays in line such as

If(
    CountRows(Gallery.AllItems) * Gallery.TemplateWidth > App.Width,
    App.Width,
)

or something of that nature.

I am betting you are centering your gallery dynamically as well but if not, the way to do that would be by setting the gallery X property to:

(App.Width - Gallery.Width) / 2

Maybe try that out and let me know how it goes? I'd be happy to follow up if needed!

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
wyotim
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hey @jvdlinden, I would suggest setting a dynamic width to your gallery based on the number of items in the gallery and their width. The way to do this would be something like

in the gallery's Width property. 

You may want to set some maximum condition so that the width stays in line such as

If(
    CountRows(Gallery.AllItems) * Gallery.TemplateWidth > App.Width,
    App.Width,
)

or something of that nature.

I am betting you are centering your gallery dynamically as well but if not, the way to do that would be by setting the gallery X property to:

(App.Width - Gallery.Width) / 2

Maybe try that out and let me know how it goes? I'd be happy to follow up if needed!

View solution in original post

Hi @wyotim,

Wow, exactly what I needed, simply wonderful. Thank you so much!

2019-11-30 17_18_45-Microsoft Edge.png

wyotim
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

You are most welcome! Happy to be able to help!
Aimeerosemulls
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,

I have just added myself as an admin user on the onboarding tasks app, any changes I make to the 'to-do list' don't save.

Can anyone help?

thanks!

Hi @Aimeerosemulls, I am assuming you are using the edit tasks menu and trying to edit or delete a task? After checking this out a bit, it would seem that editing a task creates a new task, leaving the old behind. Also, deleting a task just removes it from the in-app collection, not the task list in Outlook. I am guessing that both of these are due to limitations of the Outlook Tasks connector as it doesn't seem to have the ability to delete or change a task. It can only get lists and create tasks.

I think the best way to handle this is to edit the collection that generates the tasks (in the App section at the top of the screens view on the left side) and not use the built-in edit/delete section at all. This means you will need to use Outlook to actually delete the tasks it generated for you personally when you ran the app. Hopefully, that connector gets expanded to include ways to properly edit and delete tasks!

I hope that helps! Feel free to let me know if I can try to help out further!

Hi @wyotim 

Thank you for the guidance, it is still converting back to the original tasks/information in the app even if I use outlook to change them.

thanks,

Aimee

@Aimeerosemulls, apologies for the late reply; I have been recovering from surgery on a broken collar bone and haven't been back on the forums much as a result (long story short, tag is apparently the most dangerous game!). 

The task list is generated in the OnStart property in the App area (at the top of the list of screens on the left). There is then a function in the OnVisible property of the MyProfileScreen that checks this list and generates tasks if they are not present in the user's Outlook tasks. Editing this task list should be the key to getting the items you want to appear. Here is a screenshot showing the relevant code:

Task list codeTask list code

Again, changing these items will be the key to generating only the tasks you want. And also relevant is that if the user deletes those tasks and goes back to the MyProfileScreen it will create those tasks again, so marking them as complete is the best way to handle them. 

There is also a list a bit further down of other tasks to be completed (adding a photo, completing their profile, and an "about me" email). Here is a screenshot of that for your reference:

Profile task listProfile task list

That list may have a bit more work involved to add or remove items; I haven't really gone into that too deep but I would be willing to if it would help out. 

My apologies again for the late reply; I've been out of commission but I'm trying to get back in gear. You probably already have this sorted but, in case you don't, I would be happy to reply back as needed (and in a more timely fashion this time)!

Hey @wyotim 

So sorry to hear about your injury! Thank you for getting back to me regardless of that!

just reading through your reply, I have checked out my app and I don't seem to have the formula you showed...

Nothing about descriptions, urls or anything anywhere in the onstart properties.

Thank you so much for your help!

I have attached an image of what I see.. this may be the problem.

Oh! I am able to see the changes I make but anyone who runs the app cant see them, as an admin user any changes I make should be visible 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (26,583)