Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mstrawn
Helper I
Helper I

Question about SQL Connection and Connection References

Hello,

I originally created an app of mine using SQL Server Authentication as the connection type. About 2 months later, I am told I need to change this because it is an implicit shared connection. How do I change this to Azure AD Integrated?

The steps I have taken are:

-I have removed (deleted) the old connection using SQL Server Auth.

-I then added a new connection using Azure AD Integrated.

-Using this new connection, I used it to re-add all my SQL DB tables. This worked fine.

However, when it came to the 14 Power Automate Flows I had, they got all messed up with the connections, connection references, etc. I just deleted and redid all 14 of them, and used the new, same Azure AD Integrated Connection, which it then prompted me to use a Connection Reference. I clicked the link, and it worked, after a few hours, all 14 working again.

However, when I closed and re-opened my app, I am greeted with this screen:

error.png

It seems as if it is still trying to use my old connection. Sure, I click "Ask for Access", but the link is dead and will not work. This comes up when I try and use the link:

error2.png

My initial thought was to click "Don't Allow" which I do, and it takes me to my app. All the data is loaded in fine, because its through the new Azure AD Integrated connection. However, all my flows are back to "Not Connected". 

I am extremely confused and anything helps.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@AhmedSalih 

I was able to figure it out by exporting my solution and then going through the XML files to discover ONE single table of mine was still using the old connection, even though on powerapps it said it wasn't. I simply removed that table and made sure to re-add it under the new Azure AD Integrated connection, and all is well.

Thanks for the reply!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AhmedSalih
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@mstrawn, just a thought, have you tried to edit the connection:

991f70f4-24a6-46b3-ac3b-e369e08fc3ec.png

@AhmedSalih 

I was able to figure it out by exporting my solution and then going through the XML files to discover ONE single table of mine was still using the old connection, even though on powerapps it said it wasn't. I simply removed that table and made sure to re-add it under the new Azure AD Integrated connection, and all is well.

Thanks for the reply!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (2,655)