Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MD2409_
Helper I
Helper I

Question about a consecutive internal number

Hello,

in my app a user needs to insert multiple information, but in the first step (screen or tab) a unique conscutive internal number is builded and displayed. 
However, only after all data has been entered successfully the number is saved into the dataverse table.

How could i handle the situation with two scenarios

• Blocking this number for other users in this time
  • Release the ID if the entry was unsuccessful or canceled

Sure i could build the number on the end of the process after verifiyng and storing the data successfull, but my business expect this in the requested order.

Thx for help.

1 REPLY 1
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@MD2409_ ,

You can take in consideration to actually create a blank record in the table with the internal number column filled. At the end of the process, you either update this record or delete it, based on user choice. There is also the scenario where the user forcedly quit the process and in this case the allocated internal number record will remain blank.
A parallel session of the app run by other user will create the next in line internal number.

Hope it helps !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (3,230)