Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Question about the EditForm

Hello,
I have a small question about EditForm on PowerApps.

I currently have an EditForm in my application that contains a lot of fields, about a hundred of them. Several of these fields can be grouped in the same theme (if we take the example of a job search application, we could have a group containing the data of the person with age, address and other, a group containing information about his school, a group for his skills etc.). So I would like to know if it is possible to split my EditForm in several groups, for example in the form of tabs to make the thing more readable and more professional?

thank you in advance for your help

Antoine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Question about the EditForm

I dont think that's the approach that we ste discussing here. If you want me to take a look at it, let me know and we can review your app via screenshare of some kind.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia
https://thepoweraddict.com

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @AntoineREY

While this isnt directly possible, one way I have done this before is to use multiple forms for each section. You could also have labels outside of the form to designate what each section stands for. You could then use multiple Patch functions to submit all the forms with one click.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

I'm a kind of newbie at powerapps and I don't really know how to set this up... Could you help me? your solution looks really great and seems to be the one I need. Also, after entering my data in the different forms, I would like my DetailsScreen to be as separate as the EditForm would be, would that be possible?

thank you very much for taking your time to help me i appreciate it.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Yes, you can definitely make it work for the DetailsScreen. Both EditScreen and DetailsScreen are pretty similar to execute. I will cover these two and then get to the use case where you might have to create a new record. Please let me know if that is something that the users will do from the app as implementing that is a bit different. 

For DetailsScreen and EditScreen, assuming you are displaying a particular record selected from a gallery (BrowseGallery.Selected - will be defined in the Items property of the forms), you will create multiple forms (for both DetailsScreen and EditScreen) and set the Items property to whatever you have in your current form (in my example, that is BrowseGallery.Selected). Then for each form, select whichever fields you want to display. Attached is a screenshot of one such example I created just now. 

MultipleForms.PNG

The submit button has an OnSelect property as shown below: 

SubmitForm(EditForm1);SubmitForm(EditForm2)

Let me know if this helps and if you need any more details. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
Hardit Bhatia

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

oh yeah I see it really help me a lot thanks but I'm still wondering...is it possible to do it on separed page? (and not stack them) like you click on next button and it go to a difetent page and after you click on submit button and it submit all the form? 

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

also yes I want to add new entry in the apps and also edit them 

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

It doesnt matter if they are on the same screen or different. Similar approach will help in either case.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Ok so I I just do a button to switch between all of my editform it will work? (like if I go on the second edit screen I will not loose what I've done on the first one? ) 

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Nope. If you have submitted your form 1, those updates will still hold even if you do additional updates on form 2.

---

Hardit Bhatia
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

It helps me a lot thank you very much, the world of powerapps seems to be very interesting and useful. Now I'm facing another problem once my solution is in place... I've set up several forms and I've made sure to switch from one to the other with a button. The problem I encounter is that the first form, the one generated by powerapps is displayed but when I click on the button to go to the second form, it doesn't display and shows that there's nothing to display.... why is that? whereas yet I built all my forms by duplicating the first form generated by powerapps

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,200)