cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbsin
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Question - is it possible to use one existing record and submit multiple times and add a column info?

Hi

I like to check

I have few records with data and total amount and view it in gallery and using a Form to view existing data and 

eg" 

Record 1 - Total of 2000

how to submit the form with same record few time,  eg: I received an invoice of 200 in various month and I need to pull back the same record data, include the invoice amount in a new column to submit and created a new record with the new and existing data

REcarod 2 -  sometime I just need to submit one existing record with new invoice amount 

2 REPLIES 2
Rivius
Resolver III
Resolver III

On the first submission, before submitting the form, Collect the Updates from the form into a collection. 

NewForm and use the collection you created as the item. 

Make sure unique fields are erased (things like GUID names and possible "created on" fields that the data source won't like you trying to write).

Now you'll be presented with the same form and things filled in from before but you'll be able to submit it again (with changes you make) as a new record.

bbsin
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @Rivius Rivius, not too sure about that.. is there a video I can view?  thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (55,231)