cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbsin
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Question - is it possible to use one existing record and submit multiple times and add a column info?

Hi

I like to check

I have few records with data and total amount and view it in gallery and using a Form to view existing data and 

eg" 

Record 1 - Total of 2000

how to submit the form with same record few time,  eg: I received an invoice of 200 in various month and I need to pull back the same record data, include the invoice amount in a new column to submit and created a new record with the new and existing data

REcarod 2 -  sometime I just need to submit one existing record with new invoice amount 

2 REPLIES 2
Rivius
Resolver III
Resolver III

On the first submission, before submitting the form, Collect the Updates from the form into a collection. 

NewForm and use the collection you created as the item. 

Make sure unique fields are erased (things like GUID names and possible "created on" fields that the data source won't like you trying to write).

Now you'll be presented with the same form and things filled in from before but you'll be able to submit it again (with changes you make) as a new record.

bbsin
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @Rivius Rivius, not too sure about that.. is there a video I can view?  thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,958)