Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anmdf
Helper I
Helper I

Question on delegation in a gallery

Hi,

I have a screen with a gallery that shows a list of contracts (datasource: SharePoint). I would want to show only the active ones, so I created a calculated column ("Contract Status") in SharePoint that checks the start date and end date. The possible values of this column is "Active Contracts" and "Inactive Contracts." In my PowerApp screen, I added a dropdown filter also with the items "Active Contracts" and "Inactive Contracts."

My formula for the gallery items is:

Filter('TEST SharePoint List', StartsWith('Contract No.', TextSearchBox1.Text), Dropdown2.SelectedText.Value = 'Contract Status')

I see the delegation warning in my gallery, but upon checking the documentation on delegations (from here) it seems that my formula should be correct? Is it because of my calculated column? Appreciate any suggestion to modify my current set-up or any explanation as to why this is. Thank you!!

2 REPLIES 2
PaulD1
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes, I believe the issue is the calculated column (LookUp columns also cause delegation problems).

You could try using a Flow (Power Automate) to populate a 'real' Acitve column whenever records are added or modified, but note that the flow will run on a cycle something like every 3 or 4 minutes, so it may take a while for the Active column to be updated. This may or may not be an issue depending on your scenario.

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @anmdf ,

The calculated column can't be delegable in PowerApps.

You can try to convert the calculated column to the text column, and apply the text column into your formula. 

1, create a new text column 'Text Contract Status'.

2, apply the following code to Button's OnSelect, use UpdateIf function to convert automatically.

UpdateIf('TEST SharePoint List',true,{'Text Contract Status':'Contract Status'})

3. modify your formula as below: 

Filter('TEST SharePoint List', StartsWith('Contract No.', TextSearchBox1.Text), Dropdown2.SelectedText.Value = 'Text Contract Status')

Best regards,

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,459)