cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BhanuChintha2
Frequent Visitor

Question regarding action button display format in approval notifications of Power Automate

Hi All,

I see that in Power Automate, Approval notifications will be sent with Action Button. This Action Button is being displayed as Submit for few users & as Approve for other users. Can you please help me understand the basis for this behavior - Is it based on outlook client version? Even in outlook web I see different formats for different users - What decides in the way it displays/renders.

Side panel view

BhanuChintha2_0-1651224937600.png

Full message view

BhanuChintha2_1-1651224956277.png

Thanks & Regards,

Bhanu

8 REPLIES 8
venka91
Super User
Super User

Yeah, Adaptive cards works on newer version of outlook client and Outlook web. This may be the reason you are seeing different messages.

What are actionable messages in Office 365? - Outlook Developer | Microsoft Docs

BhanuChintha2
Frequent Visitor

Hi @venka91 , Even both users using the same O365 Pro Plus/O365 Apps also see the different formats in Outlook client. Is there any reason/basis behind this?

Adaptive cards differs on browser too. How does it look in web ?

Are both message viewed in latest browser version ?

I had similar issues in adaptive cards. To understand which format is displaying right, open the mail in web version.

Now reinstall the client which is not showing the desired format.

I had similar issues with adaptive / actionable messages and reinstalling the problem version fixed issues for me.

v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BhanuChintha2 ,

The submit button is not displayed until the user clicks "Approve" or "reject".

Best Regards,

Bof

Hi @v-bofeng-msft , Thanks for the information. But, I see that the Submit button is being displayed without clicking on Approve/Reject also from outlook client side panel view. And once i open this in full view from outlook, i see Approve/Reject actions.

Is it possible to point me to the documentation on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhanu

venka91
Super User
Super User

it is weird. When the client does not support Adaptive cards/Actionable message, this happens.

But you are saying even in new version of Office 365 this problem happens. But Outlook web must be okay.

If you have issues in Outlook web as well, you may need to see, how you coded the Adaptive cards if you are trying to create custom actionable messages.

Are you using Power Automate for this Actionable message ? What is the trigger you are using and can you please show the Power Automate flow that creates this Actionable message ?

Make sure there you have not turned on Experimental feature in your Power Automate which may behave sometime strangely like this.  Please post more information. So some may get clue about your issue and can help.

Hi @venka91 ,

Thanks for the details.

Here is the action that i have used in MS Flow - 

BhanuChintha2_0-1651737314709.png

And in the outlook client (O365 Apps), i see the action as below in side pane view- 

BhanuChintha2_1-1651737470503.png

Also, Experimental Features setting is set as OFF. 

Thanks & Regards,

Bhanu

I think you may need to check with Power Automate Support. 

It is good for me when i tested.

In Side pane:

venka91_0-1651747647542.png

When i open the message by double click :

venka91_1-1651747729052.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (4,719)