cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about hyperlinking/onselect pulling from an excel sheet

So this is my first time using power apps and I apologize if this is not the correct place to post this. I'm also a newbie when it comes to ALL of this so any guidance at all would be wonderful.

I'm pulling all of my data from excel and sharepoint. What I am trying to do is have a button, or datacard that when OnSelect(ed) opens up a PDF from our sharepoint website. So far using Launch: ("URL") won't appear as a clickable link.  Am I missing another part or is this not something Powerapps is capable of? Would it make more sense to just house the PDF as a jpeg or something instead? 

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BrandenC,

My understanding about your issue is that you have an Excel stored in SharePoint document library, and the Excel contains a column of PDF file links which are also stored in SharePoint document library. Is my understanding correct? 

Anyway, I just tested with a button and I changed the font format as below:

Capture.PNG

Then set its OnSelect property to:

Launch("https://XXXXX.sharepoint.com/sites/TeamSite/Shared%20Documents/test.pdf")

Capture.PNG

After I click on the button, it will launch my PDF file directly in my default browser. Please notice to add the quotation marks. Launch("....."). Also, the URL should be like https://XXXXX.sharepoint.com/sites/TeamSite/Library/test.pdf. 

And if your PDF is stored in SharePoint library then I'm afraid that you cannot view PDFs that reside in libraries unless the library allows anonymous access. See here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/PDF-Viewer-support-for-PDF-documents-in-Sharepoi...

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey,

Thanks for your reply, I apologize for taking so long to respond.

You would be correct about how the info is stored. I'll give this a shot today and hope it works out. 

The issue I'm running in to now:

There are several hundred different Pdfs and when the Burton is selected it links back to the original URL even after I've changed it to a new URL for a different PDF.

Did I miss a step?

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,156)