cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chidmas12
Frequent Visitor

QuickTask only displays filtered list which are emails stating urgent etc. How to show all emails

HI All I am super new to powerapps and I am trying to edit the quicktask app as it has most of the features I need. My only issue is that it filters out the emails when i run the app however in preview mode it displays all of them. Please could you assist, I can't find the code which filters out. 

6 REPLIES 6
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @chidmas12 :

Do you want to get all of the emails and show them in the InboxGallery?

Do you want to know which code filter the emails?

Firstly, taking into account the performance of the app, I do not recommend you to get all of the emails.

Because the number of emails obtained may be very large, this will seriously affect the performance of the app.

Secondly, the code you are looking for is located in the OnStart property of the app.

ClearCollect(Emails, Office365.GetEmails({folderPath:EmailFolderName, fetchOnlyUnread: false, searchQuery: "(To:" & First(DLAddresses).Email & " OR CC:" & Dropdown1.SelectedText.Email & ")", top: 25}))

The point is that this code will only get the first 25 emails.

Finally, I suggest that you can increase the number of emails instead of getting all emails.

The key is to modify the value of the top parameter.

For example:

ClearCollect(Emails, Office365.GetEmails({folderPath:EmailFolderName, fetchOnlyUnread: false, searchQuery: "(To:" & First(DLAddresses).Email & " OR CC:" & Dropdown1.SelectedText.Email & ")", top: 50}))
/*get first 50 mails*/

I think this link will help you a lot:

Get emails

Best Regards,

Bof

Hi there thanks a lot for getting back to me, this hasn't solved my issue, I did see that line and did assume it was related to the number of emails returned however the issue persists when I run the app it only pull certain emails in chronological order however they are emails which state urgent or action required etc. It isnt just the first 25/50 emails. It's as though its pulling from a priority list or something else 

Hi @chidmas12

I made a simliar test,but did not encounter the problem you mentioned.(It's as though its pulling from a priority list or something else )

If you want to add or delete certain filtering rules,I think this link will help you a lot:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#get-emails-(v3)

Best Regards,

Bof

@v-bofeng-msft 

Thanks for the link, could the issue I am facing be related to the fact there is no email address filled in the email address box, because when I run within the editing it details the linked mailbox however on running the published app it is left empty as shown below 

Top of the left panelTop of the left panel

Hi @chidmas12 :

Yes, they are related. I suggest you check your setting screen to see if it correctly displays your email address.

1.jpg

Best Regards,

Bof

Rose9392

Hello, I changed the line of the number of emails and I click on play  development works. It's works!

I have published the new version but when I click on the shared link of power Apps it does not take my changes. Why?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,657)