cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
petarPan
Frequent Visitor

REST POST request with dynamic data

Hello,
Can someone help me how to find a solution to send a REST POST request with dynamic data (through data form) within power apps (or power automate), and then display the obtained data on the application page. I've been looking for two days now and I can't find any example. Thank you for your understanding.

2 REPLIES 2
PaulD1
Super User
Super User

If I understand the requirement correctly, you can call a Flow from your Power App (and pass in parameters) then in the Flow you can use the HTTP action to POST request with relevant parameters.

You can return the data to Power Apps with the HTTP Response action (Power Apps Response action doe not handle complex data types).

The HTTP Response action will required a JSON schema, but there is an option to build that automatically from a sample payload.

The return value of the 'Flow'.Run statement will be the JSON data. You can use a collection to get this and then display it on the page as required (e.g. in a gallery):

ClearCollect(colReturnedData, MyFlowName.Run(Param1, Param2))

Note that all the HTTP actions are premium so every user of your App will require premium licenses (per user or per app licenses).

petarPan
Frequent Visitor

Hi @PaulD1 PaulD1. Thank you for your response. I follow your instructions, but I am ‘stuck’ on the first step. I'm trying to get a bearer token for further requests. I have a problem how to determine the URI parameter (I just have URL parameter(Access Token URL) - screenshot below). I use a custom connector to connect to a server from a given organization. Please if you can read the post (Re: How to connect custom API using OAuth2 in Micr... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com). Thanks a lot!

petarPan_0-1623843168758.png

petarPan_1-1623843180415.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,053)