cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
bradamson
Advocate I
Advocate I

RSS Feeds are not working this morning

{
  "error": {
    "code": 500,
    "message": "The remote name could not be resolved: 'rssconnectionprovider-centralus.tip0.p.azurewebsites.net'",
    "source": "msmanaged-na.azure-apim.net",
    "path": "forward-request",
    "clientRequestId": "a39dd91a-5fc7-45a0-becc-63d51d10698a"
  }
}

This is being thrown for any RSS feed in our apps this morning.

4 REPLIES 4
CarlosFigueira
Power Apps
Power Apps

Assuming that you're using the RSS connector, with the RSS.ListFeedItems function, what is the "feedUrl" parameter that you are using? If this is not the case, how are you accessing the RSS feed?

That is correct.  The feed was from our ServiceNow instance so I'm not going to post it.  

 

I filed a ticket shortly after this post and the issue was resolved around 2PM.  We also tried RSS with Flow and it was also affected, even with RSS feeds from sites like USA Today.  Flow would time out after 60s with the same error I posted.

 

Someone in Microsoft somewhere restarted this service around that time, is my guess.  

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bradamson,

 

Could you please share a bit more about your app's configuration?

Have you solved your problem?

Further, do you use the RSS.ListFeedItems function to retrieve RSS feeds within your app?

 

The error message told that the remote name could not be resolved. Please check if you have provided a proper feedUrl within the RSS.ListFeedItems function.

 

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:2.JPG

 

Set the Items property of the Gallery control to following formula:

RSS.ListFeedItems("https://krisxxxx17.wordpress.com/feed/")

 

Please check if the connection to the RSS connector is invalid, if yes, please consider take a try to remove the connection firstly and then re-add it within your app, check if the issue is solved.

 

If you have solved your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify.

 

Best regards,

Kris

 

 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes, as I stated the problem was resolved, though no changes were made on my end.

 

rssconnectionprovider-centralus.tip0.p.azurewebsites.net is not my RSS feed.  My only guess is that this is/was a Microsoft service URL that processes the feed URL.  My feed URL was https://ourservicenowinstance.service-now.com/theInfoIWasPulling.  

 

This also affected MS Flow.  I made a new flow over there as a test with my feed and also a public feed from USA Today, both had the same error.  The feeds were fine in my browser.

 

It's concerning that there isn't monitoring on this RSS connection.  This was obviously a Microsoft service issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

MBAS Carousel

Sign up for our May 4th event!

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (58,866)