cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trushna
Regular Visitor

Radical Knob and Arc Knob are not available in my custom control

Hello All,

I have created 4 fields(Datatype - Whole Number) in my custom entity form. In which I need to add custom control to visualize my data but I could not found Radical Knob or Arc Knob in my custom control. I have tried to search a lot about this issue but can't find any solution. 

Can anyone tell me how can I add them to my form field?

Thanks in advance,

Trushna

4 REPLIES 4
timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Trushna 

The Radical Knob and Arc Knob controls are controls that are available with model driven apps, so can I assume that your question relates to a model driven app?

A custom connector is an object that we use to connect to custom data sources or web services. They are not available in model driven apps - model driven apps work against Dataverse data sources only.

Therefore, could you clarify if your question relates to a canvas or a model driven app?

Trushna
Regular Visitor

Oh!  my bad!!

Actually I want custom controls in my form field.

And yes, my question is related to model driven app

timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Trushna 

I've just had a check and unfortunately, those controls have now been deprecated. That's the reason why they no longer appear in the designer.

There are more details in the link here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/important-changes-coming#model-driven-app-controls-d...

----------------

Model-driven app controls deprecation

With the upcoming 2021 release wave 1 (public preview in February 2021 and GA in April 2021), some older controls for model-driven apps will be deprecated. These controls include Flip Switch, Calendar Control (V1), Linear Slider, Radial Knob, Arc Knob, Linear Gauge; along with the Website Preview control, MultiSelectPicklistControl (V1), and the Flip Label.

Why is this needed?

These controls are outdated and don’t conform to our current standards for useability and accessibility.
For example, we’ve received feedback that the Flip Label control is difficult to determine its intended use and users commonly don’t see the options available to choose from, such as "yes / no" or "enable / disable."

Impact

Starting April 2021, these controls can no longer be added to forms.
For instances of Flip Label control, the control will be transitioned to a drop down.
For all other controls, they will continue to work within existing forms until April 2022.

Trushna
Regular Visitor

So do you have any idea what alternative I can use to fulfill this requirement. 

I have attached the sample image for the scenario. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (893)