cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Radio Button changes to Drop Down

I am not building a Power App... I am Customizing a form WITH power apps... that seems to make a difference with options available...however, no one seems to make this distinction in the forums.

When I use a Radio Button column and customize the form with power apps, it changes the radio button to a drop down. 

How do I make it a radio selection again?

jdarli16_0-1596541280844.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

@jdarli16 
Power Apps does not ever place a Radio Buttons control on the screen to match SharePoint.  You must do it yourself.

Before deleting the dropdown copy the code in the Default and Items properties into a notepad.  Then delete it, add a radio buttons control instead and input the same code.

Finally, place this code in the Update property of the Card.  I assume Color is a Choices type column in SP.

{Value: Radio1.Selected.Value}

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up." 

View solution in original post

Regular Visitor

I want to add in some minor bits:

1. Select the Dropdown (within the DataCard)
  2. Copy the Default (mine was blank)
  3. Copy the Items
  4. Delete the Dropdown (within the DataCard)
  5. With the DataCard still selected, Insert > Input > Radio
  6. Select the Radio (within the DataCard)
  7. Select the Default Value (paste in this new code:)
    ThisItem.Radio_x0020_Button.Value
    this should be the name of your column
  8. Select the Items Value (paste in what was previously copied)
  9. Select the DataCard (as a whole)
  10. Under Advanced > find the "Update" field and paste in {Value: Radio1.Selected.Value}

This process worked.  However I was left with an error in the "Y" property of the Radio button (not the DataCard) as it was looking for the name of the drop down i had just deleted.  I tried to update the name with the Radio name but it didn't seem to like this.  It DID let me delete the formula and all the red warnings went away.

I know this seems simple to most users, but just getting started...these details are CRITICAL.  Thank you @mdevaney 

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

@jdarli16 
Power Apps does not ever place a Radio Buttons control on the screen to match SharePoint.  You must do it yourself.

Before deleting the dropdown copy the code in the Default and Items properties into a notepad.  Then delete it, add a radio buttons control instead and input the same code.

Finally, place this code in the Update property of the Card.  I assume Color is a Choices type column in SP.

{Value: Radio1.Selected.Value}

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up." 

Regular Visitor

I want to add in some minor bits:

1. Select the Dropdown (within the DataCard)
  2. Copy the Default (mine was blank)
  3. Copy the Items
  4. Delete the Dropdown (within the DataCard)
  5. With the DataCard still selected, Insert > Input > Radio
  6. Select the Radio (within the DataCard)
  7. Select the Default Value (paste in this new code:)
    ThisItem.Radio_x0020_Button.Value
    this should be the name of your column
  8. Select the Items Value (paste in what was previously copied)
  9. Select the DataCard (as a whole)
  10. Under Advanced > find the "Update" field and paste in {Value: Radio1.Selected.Value}

This process worked.  However I was left with an error in the "Y" property of the Radio button (not the DataCard) as it was looking for the name of the drop down i had just deleted.  I tried to update the name with the Radio name but it didn't seem to like this.  It DID let me delete the formula and all the red warnings went away.

I know this seems simple to most users, but just getting started...these details are CRITICAL.  Thank you @mdevaney 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,987)