cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
powerapps890
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Radio Buttons not submitting correct

I am getting an error upon submission. This is my submit button outside of the gallery orAll(
Gallery2.AllItems,
If(
!IsBlank(Radio4.Selected.Value),
Patch(
'DE Radio',
Defaults('DE Radio'),
{
Title:Namee,
Answer: Radio4.Selected.Value,
Name_:User().FullName,
Date:Today()
}
)
)
); I only want the selected radio buttons to be submitted. Namee is a text label in the gallery and its text is ThisItem.Namee, which has the name of each item I want to patch. I am getting an error that says that title is required but I have that. Additionally it is patching random radio buttons. When I do Title:Title it picks another text label ThisItem.Area why does it choose this as the title?

80 REPLIES 80

That is what I want. When Works is chosen from the combobox I want all of the works radio buttons to be displayed and the same for any other combination. If possible I would like there to be a way to select blank so it only shows the blank radio buttons. ThisItem.ValRadio shows everything as works @RandyHayes 

@powerapps890 

Sure thing.  That's where we're heading.  We'll work out the "Blank" selection after we get the rest going.

So, you state that it shows "Works" on all the items.  So, please look at your Responses list and see if that is in fact what is in that list for all the items.  According to the formula, that is what it is picking up from the responses list.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

@powerapps890 

Oh man!!!!  I just noticed another typo in my formula from before.  Here is the corrected:

Filter(
    AddColumns(
        GUAT, 
        "valRadio", Lookup(GUTAresponses, userEmail=vUserEmail && GUTAlistID=ID, RadioValue)
    ),
    (IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected.Result) || ComboBox1.Selected.Result = "All" || System in ComboBox1.SelectedItems) &&
    (IsBlank(ComboBox1_2.Selected.Result) || ComboBox1_2.Selected.Result = "All" || Scenario in ComboBox1_2.SelectedItems) &&
    (IsBlank(Search_.Text) || Search_.Text in Namee) &&
    (IsBlank(ComboBox1_1.Selected) || valRadio in ComboBox1_1.SelectedItems.Value)
)

I had a minus in the Lookup ("&& GUTAlistID-ID")  That sure wasn't going to work!

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

So that caused all of the radio buttons to load and default to works but the actual items never appeared @RandyHayes 

That actually caused the app to crash nothing was loading including my details section. @RandyHayes 

@powerapps890 

So, because we have worked on this back and forth for so long, I had set up a test app that was fashioned around all the information you have provided and this solution works fine.

Now though, you mention "details" section - this is new and one of the reasons I mentioned is there any other item in your app that depends on the Gallery.  Can you explain more?

Capture.PNG

Yes, the details pulls the info from the items. When you click the item it takes you to the details page that powerapps provides with the fields that you choose in the form. It actually just loaded but it took minutes for the data to load. @RandyHayes 

Capture.PNG

This is the error @RandyHayes 

I did a test app with just the radio button and it was still having the same issue and errors. @RandyHayes On your side did you do everything the same like my items for Radio4 are ["Works", "Issues", "Fail"], 

I also just realized that it is no longer patching correctly 

Set(varUserEmail, User().Email); Navigate(Success, Fade); Remove('DE Radio', Filter('DE Radio', 'Created By'.Email = varUserEmail));With({usrFull: User().FullName},

ForAll(
Filter(Gallery2.AllItems, !IsBlank(Radio)),
Patch('DE Radio',
Defaults('DE Radio'),
{
Title:Namee,
Answer: Radio,
Name_:usrFull,
Date:Today()
}
)
)
); this is in the submit button and it submits 26 records every time no matter what I select. why is this happening? @RandyHayes 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (15,636)