cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Radio Control Display

I have a radio control that is getting its items from a SharePoint list.  I have an additional column of data that I need to display next to the radio control items.   Each item in the column goes along with one of the radio control items but should not be part of it's title or value.

This information needs to be consumed from the list so it is editable without having to modify the app directly.   Here is an image of what I am trying to accomplish (converting an InfoPath form).   It was hard coded into the InfoPath form but we want to get away from that.

radiocontrol1.png 

Any suggestions to accomplish this will be welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

If you want to display boths fields, OnVisible of the screen, create a collection:

ClearCollect(nnnn,AddColumns(YourList,"JoinedColumns",Concatenate(ColumnToJoin1," ",ColumnToJoin2)))

Then on the Radio, use the collection on the Items of the Radio with the JoinedColumn:
YourList.JoinedColumns
------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @JR-BejeweledOne 

Assuming that you have have a SharePoint list with the Title and Description columns, you could put a pencil icon on the screen and set it's OnSelect property to UpdateContext({showdesc:true}) and its Visible property to !showdesc. Put a TextInput control on the screen and set its Default property to Radio1.Selected.Description.  Put a check icon on the field and set its OnSelect property as Patch(YourList, ID=Radio1.Selected.ID,{Description:TextInput1.Text}) and its visible property to !showdesc.  Set the Visible property of the TextInput and check icon as showdesc. The list shown in the highlighted label is and the Char(10) is used to space the items to match the radio control.

Concatenate(LookUp(FakeNames,state="GA",company_name),Char(10),Char(10),LookUp(FakeNames,state="WY",company_name),Char(10),Char(10),LookUp(FakeNames,state="WI",company_name),Char(10),Char(10),LookUp(FakeNames,state="WA",company_name),Char(10),Char(10),LookUp(FakeNames,state="VA",company_name))

Annotation 2020-05-18 130136.png

The result is that the pencil icon unhides the check icon and the TextInput controls.  Following the Patch() function you could put ;UpdateContext({showdesc:false}) and the pencil icon will become visible and the textbox and check icon will be hidden. 

Not exactly what I am looking for.   I don't need to patch the description to anything, but it needs to be there so the person making the selection in the Radio control, has the 'definition' of what they are selecting.    So it needs to be visible up front without having to click anything but it also needs to be editable without having to modify the form. 

I think I can do it in a Combo box, but I don't know if I want to go that route.

Super User III
Super User III

If you want to display boths fields, OnVisible of the screen, create a collection:

ClearCollect(nnnn,AddColumns(YourList,"JoinedColumns",Concatenate(ColumnToJoin1," ",ColumnToJoin2)))

Then on the Radio, use the collection on the Items of the Radio with the JoinedColumn:
YourList.JoinedColumns
------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,071)