cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Radio Control Display

I have a radio control that is getting its items from a SharePoint list.  I have an additional column of data that I need to display next to the radio control items.   Each item in the column goes along with one of the radio control items but should not be part of it's title or value.

This information needs to be consumed from the list so it is editable without having to modify the app directly.   Here is an image of what I am trying to accomplish (converting an InfoPath form).   It was hard coded into the InfoPath form but we want to get away from that.

radiocontrol1.png 

Any suggestions to accomplish this will be welcome.

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

If you want to display boths fields, OnVisible of the screen, create a collection:

ClearCollect(nnnn,AddColumns(YourList,"JoinedColumns",Concatenate(ColumnToJoin1," ",ColumnToJoin2)))

Then on the Radio, use the collection on the Items of the Radio with the JoinedColumn:
YourList.JoinedColumns
------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @JR-BejeweledOne 

Assuming that you have have a SharePoint list with the Title and Description columns, you could put a pencil icon on the screen and set it's OnSelect property to UpdateContext({showdesc:true}) and its Visible property to !showdesc. Put a TextInput control on the screen and set its Default property to Radio1.Selected.Description.  Put a check icon on the field and set its OnSelect property as Patch(YourList, ID=Radio1.Selected.ID,{Description:TextInput1.Text}) and its visible property to !showdesc.  Set the Visible property of the TextInput and check icon as showdesc. The list shown in the highlighted label is and the Char(10) is used to space the items to match the radio control.

Concatenate(LookUp(FakeNames,state="GA",company_name),Char(10),Char(10),LookUp(FakeNames,state="WY",company_name),Char(10),Char(10),LookUp(FakeNames,state="WI",company_name),Char(10),Char(10),LookUp(FakeNames,state="WA",company_name),Char(10),Char(10),LookUp(FakeNames,state="VA",company_name))

Annotation 2020-05-18 130136.png

The result is that the pencil icon unhides the check icon and the TextInput controls.  Following the Patch() function you could put ;UpdateContext({showdesc:false}) and the pencil icon will become visible and the textbox and check icon will be hidden. 

Not exactly what I am looking for.   I don't need to patch the description to anything, but it needs to be there so the person making the selection in the Radio control, has the 'definition' of what they are selecting.    So it needs to be visible up front without having to click anything but it also needs to be editable without having to modify the form. 

I think I can do it in a Combo box, but I don't know if I want to go that route.

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

If you want to display boths fields, OnVisible of the screen, create a collection:

ClearCollect(nnnn,AddColumns(YourList,"JoinedColumns",Concatenate(ColumnToJoin1," ",ColumnToJoin2)))

Then on the Radio, use the collection on the Items of the Radio with the JoinedColumn:
YourList.JoinedColumns
------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,511)