cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Radio button not saving data to Sharepoint list

I have a sharepoint list with a column MiningType, it works as a radio button with 2 defined choises. 

And in powerapps i have a radio button control with this properties: 

DATA CARD                                                          RADIO BUTTON           

MiningType_DataCard2MiningType_DataCard2Radio5Radio5

Radio button gets choises from sharepoint list T01 and column MiningType, which has defined choises.

Radio button loads choises from sharepoint list, but when I try to submit form, it does not save anything for column MiningType.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have actualy just deleted the radio button, and added it back again on form, and it seems to fix this problem.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Suchitra1996
Resolver II
Resolver II

@Anonymous 

Sometimes, SubmitForm(form) creates unknown and uncertain issues while submitting to SharePoint. My suggestion would be to try to Patch the information to your sharePoint list as below:

Patch(DataSource,ThisItem,{MiningType:Radio1.Selected.Value})

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Where would I insert/add this Patch function?

Suchitra1996
Resolver II
Resolver II

@Anonymous 

On the same control where you are submitting the form Data Cards.

Instead of using SubmitForm, you can directly use Patch function to update the fields.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting an error at ThisItem:

Screenshot_7.png

Suchitra1996
Resolver II
Resolver II

What is your form's "Item" property?

Anonymous
Not applicable

On EditForm1 in EditScreen1, Item property is BrowseGallery1.Selected

I have more items on form then just radio button, do I have to include them also in patch function?

Suchitra1996
Resolver II
Resolver II

@Anonymous 

Then instead of this item you can write 

BrowseGallery1.Selected

and yes, you will have to include other fields as well that you want you update.

Hi@Gecko123,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to patch the Radio selected value to your Choice column 'MiningType'?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario?

Not including other items within the Patch() is the key to the error message. The key is that the data structure is not matched, the 'MiningType' is Choice column which expects a record.

Since you have a Form already, I think there is no need for you to use a Patch().

I think that you have something syntax wrong with the formula within the Update property.

Please modify the Update property corresponding to the Radio data card as below:

Radio1.Selected

Notice that the Choice column expects a record rather than a value.

If you insist on using the Patch(), please modify your formula as below:

Patch(T01,ThisItem,{'MiningType':Radio1.Selected})

Or you can try as below:

Patch(T01,ThisItem,{'MiningType':{Value:Radio1.Selected.Value}})

Hope it could help you.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have actualy just deleted the radio button, and added it back again on form, and it seems to fix this problem.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,473)