cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RameshMukka
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Radio button retain its previous value even after Reset

I have this simple radio button with items Yes, No. 

RameshMukka_0-1653385919339.png

I have below formula at OnSelect of the Submit button.

Patch(Binaries,Defaults(Binaries),{Title:Radio1.Selected.Value});UpdateContext({varResetRadio: true})

I have placed my context variable varResetRadio at Reset property of the radio button.

RameshMukka_1-1653386080796.png

Now I have placed a label on the screen to check the current value selected in radio options. I have put Radio1.Selected.Value at text property of the label.

RameshMukka_2-1653386374442.png

Now when I click on submit, neither the label value becomes blank nor the radio button resets. But when I take another button to reset the radio control with Reset(radio1), it resets perfectly. Am I doing something wrong in this simple action? Or is this a bug when I use a variable at Reset property of radio button?

Thanks in advance,

Ramesh Mukka

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

Hi,

When using the reset property, the value needs to be set to false manually, then to true, then to false again. I would recommend just to use the reset function instead as you have done, and replace your UpdateContext with reset instead:

Patch(
      Binaries,Defaults(Binaries),
      {Title:Radio1.Selected.Value});
Reset(Radio1)

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

Hi,

When using the reset property, the value needs to be set to false manually, then to true, then to false again. I would recommend just to use the reset function instead as you have done, and replace your UpdateContext with reset instead:

Patch(
      Binaries,Defaults(Binaries),
      {Title:Radio1.Selected.Value});
Reset(Radio1)

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

@iAm_ManCat Thank you for taking some time. My actual problem was on my app where am building with close to 100 input controls. So idea was to reset them at Form Submit so I was using this Reset property with variable instead using Reset() function for all those 100+ controls. How would you want me to do in this case?

Are all of your controls in the form? If Yes, then use 

ResetForm(FormName); NewForm(Formname)

EditForm, NewForm, SubmitForm, ResetForm, and ViewForm functions in Power Apps - Power Apps | Micros...

@iAm_ManCat

Thanks!
Sancho Harker, MVP

@iAm_ManCat 

No, I am not using a form control. So I went for Reset property using variable as that was easy. And used below formula as you suggested. It worked. Thanks a lot.

Set(
        varResetCtrls,
        false
    );
    Set(
        varResetCtrls,
        true
    );
    Set(
        varResetCtrls,
        false
    );

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (2,252)