Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Radio buttons taking info from a database

Hello 

I have a database with Title and queue. I have radio buttons with all of the 4 queue's name(FR,PL,BR,RU) and when i enter the title in the box1.  I want to that powerapps choose the right queue in the Radio input. The title's are UNIQUE. I have something like this but alwasy the same is choosen. 

If(LookUp(SecondLineTracker_1, Queue = "Brands","Brands") = "Brands" ,"Brands",
If(LookUp(SecondLineTracker_1, Queue = "French","French") = "French" ,"French",
If(LookUp(SecondLineTracker_1, Queue = "Russian","Russian") = "Russian" ,"Russian",
If(LookUp(SecondLineTracker_1, Queue = "Polish","Polish") = "Polish" ,"Polish"
)
)
)
)

ALways brands is taken. i think that i dont have the lookup for the Number of the title.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@DawidK 

I'm a little confused on what it is that you are trying to accomplish. 

From what I see in your formula, you have 4 columns in your SecondLInkeTracker_1 data source in addition to the ones you mention?  You have Title, Queue, Brands, French, Russian, and Polish.  Is this the case?

Not sure where the Radio control or the Text box come into play in your app.

Perhaps you could clarify your goal a little more and perhaps provide a screenshot of what you have and any control names that are in use for this.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@RandyHayes  you helped me last time 😉 I am sure u know the answer 😉 Thanks a lot in advance. 

P.S. I am doing it for 3 weeks 😕 Milion of attempts,

Highlighted

@DawidK 

I'm a little confused on what it is that you are trying to accomplish. 

From what I see in your formula, you have 4 columns in your SecondLInkeTracker_1 data source in addition to the ones you mention?  You have Title, Queue, Brands, French, Russian, and Polish.  Is this the case?

Not sure where the Radio control or the Text box come into play in your app.

Perhaps you could clarify your goal a little more and perhaps provide a screenshot of what you have and any control names that are in use for this.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hello, @RandyHayes

My list looks like this

List1PA.PNG

my app look like this. 

Screen1PA.PNG

 When i enter the ticket number, Creation date is taken from the list by LookUp, same with service,1st Line,Created Outside etc.

But with the Queue i have an issue . That shows me always Brands. I know i made a mistake because i don't have the TicketNumer somewhere: TicketNumber = Ticket_Number_TL.Text. 

I did that screen to edit records if needed.

Highlighted

@DawidK 

The pictures help!!  Thanks.

Can you please explain the following:

Do you have two lists?  One with Title and Queue and another which is the picture you showed of the list?  Or is this all one list?  If multiple, then how are you connecting the first and second list?

In the second picture you showed, is that on an EditForm or have you built this out of individual controls?

In general, you need to reference the current record to get its value in the Radio control.  You are currently Looking up something in the SecondLineTracker_1 list based on Queue="Brands" and then you are setting the value to return from the lookup as "Brands" (note...a text value, nothing to do with the lookup), so it will ALWAYS return "Brands" in the first statement and thus your Radio will be "Brands".

All you need to do is lookup the actual value of the record that you are displaying.  If the text is the same as your Items property, there is absolutely no need for any If statements to set it.  This will all be replaced with one simple line of formula.  But, I need answers to the above questions to get you to that point.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (16,148)