cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Random “Connection not configured for this service” error

I have an issue with a flow which is triggered from PowerApps.

We are using this flow is for inserting mass data to Azure SQL table, because the Patch and Collect functions are extremely slow when inserting multiple rows.

So there is a text box on a hidden screen, where the insert SQL text is dynamically built by the Concatenate function and this text is sent by Flow to Azure SQL.

We are using the app from 14 iPhones and it was working without any issue in the beginning. 

Around a month we get the “Connection not configured for this service”  error message randomly.

It works perfectly from my phone and browser but from other phones with 40-60% success.

I can’t see any error message in Flow, because this issue happens at PowerApps side.

What I did:

• Copied the flow with new name and connect again to power apps 
  • Create the flow from scratch 
  • Share the flow with others (I read this in other forum posts, but does it make sense?)

It’s very confusing because none of the steps above helped and I can’t find and other solution on the Net.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Random “Connection not configured for this service” error

Hi @Blaxy1 ,

Where did “Connection not configured for this service” displayed? PowerApps or Flow connection? Please try to find the connection that has this error in the connection list here:

Capture.JPG

Then try to fix the connection in this list. 

Hope this could help.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for posting in the community @Blaxy1 - can you review the above reply and update the thread if it was helpful?

Thank you,

@Anonymous 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Has anyone figured out the source of this problem? It appears to be completely random as I have triggers that work inside the app and triggers that give me the “Connection not configured for this service” error.  The only solution that I have found that appears to be working is granting user owner permissions on all flows - which opens up a new set of problems. 

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I have one user getting this today, and two other users two different errors...  100% failure.  Cant help to think its not related to a revision rollout that happened sometime last night.  My PA shows a new version number today, and icons for SP also are different today.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Getting the same error from a power app that is being used by 20 so users.

Run Failed: Connection not configured for this service.

Half of the users keep getting the error messgae on same button that runs the flow, where other are having no issues.

This error is in the power app trying to communicate with the flow. All other flows are working fine for all

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@karamjit ,

This was a very odd problem that only affected a single user.  I did not come to any resolution that made any sense.  It simply quit giving me a problem after I did some basic App cleanup.  I didnt change anything, but removed some development screens, etc.  

Here is my thread on the issue:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/quot-Connection-not-configured-for-this-servi...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,935)