cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikearmour
Level: Powered On

Range of Records from SharePoint Datasource

As Powerapps has serivce limitations when working with a Sharepoint data source, is there another way to pull in a range of records, similar to this command:

Filter(Base_List, ID >= ImpRecMin && ID < ImpRecMax)

The above command causes the dreaded blue circle and won't allow me to use with an OnSelect function.

This is a key component of a process I am working on to be able to import 75K+ records from SharePoint into a collection for offline use.

I do not have access to a SQL server database, either on prem or in the cloud, as I know what I am trying to do would work with a SQL database,

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Range of Records from SharePoint Datasource

Hi Mike - Don't shoot the messenger but no. 

I don't even have a suggestion of how you can get a 75,000 item list and SharePoint to play nice in this scenario. I have a customer with 33,000 records and we found clever ways for him to make it work but for you, trying to go offline, I don't have even a good suggestion. 

What about moving to CDS as a data source since you don't have SQL available? That is where I would point you to look for a better, more scalable solution. 

Sorry

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training
mikearmour
Level: Powered On

Re: Range of Records from SharePoint Datasource

Shane - 

Thanks for the reply.

I was afraid you would say that.  I'm going to leave this post up to see if any other community users have found a work around.

My initial work and investigation found 'code' to bring records into the collection in 500 record chunks; however, the 'code' was developed for a connection to a SQL database. I ran into another issue with the code when using a SharePoint datasource and the dreaded 'service limitation' error but found a work around fro that.

Do you know:

1. If there are any plans to modify things to remove some of the service limitation when working with SharePoint?
  2. The thought process around not letting a user pull in a range of records?
    1. I understand the number of records limitation but it just seems odd to not have, what appears to me, simple selective parameters to bring in a range of records.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,033)