Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jernejp
Level: Powered On

Re-Added a connector, now nothing works anymore

Hi,

I had a custom connector, that I had to change. I made the changes, but it seemed that PowerApps didn't get the updated version of the connector, so I removed it from the data sources and added it again. Now the problem is, that none of the API calls work anymore. 

The name of the connector is the same, but the application acts as if the methods are unknown, and the calls don't get triggered.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Re-Added a connector, now nothing works anymore

Hi @jernejp 

Can you please confirm if you have set the response schema in the new custom connector that you created?

What do mean when you say that the columns are not getting recognized? If you have setup the response schema in the custom connector, then it will automatically fetch the column names and it should work wherever you want to call those columns.

If you can share more details about the individual errors, we can debug this together.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @jernejp 

Can you try to erase the expressions and rewrite them again? I resolved one of my issue like this. Also, try to logout of the browser, clear the cache and login again.

If the issue still exists, can you try to change the browser and confirm if the issue still exists?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Microsoft v-siky-msft
Microsoft

Hi @jernejp ,

1. Remove all connections and actions.

2. Clear the browser cache, login to PowerApps, and re-add the connection.

If the issue still remains, please try to modify the custom connection name, and try again.

Sik

jernejp

Hi @v-siky-msft and @yashag2255,

I tried using a different browser and even a different computer, but the error persists.

If I understand correctly - I should rename the connection (for example from MYAPI.Method to MYAPI1.Method?)

And then in my code use the new name everywhere?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @jernejp 

To get the correct name of the custom connector that should be used in the application, you can look into the data sources section from the left menu. Whatever name shows in the connector, the same should be used for MYAPI.Method to MYAPI1.Method?

Are you getting any error messages? If so, please share more details so that we might be able to help you better.

Hope this Helps!

jernejp

Hej @yashag2255 

I checked again, and am using the correct name and methods.

I keep getting errors that identifiers are wrong (because I'm referencing some columns in collections later on, and they don't get set).

I also noticed that some calls aren't even made - I have a few set to fire when the screen is visible, but they're not querying, but they have before.

Is there anything else I can do, besides revert my application to the last working version?

Thanks

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @jernejp 

Can you please confirm if you have set the response schema in the new custom connector that you created?

What do mean when you say that the columns are not getting recognized? If you have setup the response schema in the custom connector, then it will automatically fetch the column names and it should work wherever you want to call those columns.

If you can share more details about the individual errors, we can debug this together.

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

jernejp

Hey @yashag2255 

The response schema was the problem. For some reason, the response schema was overridden by another method, which caused the schema of response to not be correct. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,771)