cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IdreesAnwar
Frequent Visitor

Re: How to do some processing after a component has been hidden (the visible property has been set to false)?

I seem to have added this question to the Power Apps Pro Dev & ISV forum instead of the Building Power Apps forums, not sure how to change it. Apologies 

2 REPLIES 2
IdreesAnwar
Frequent Visitor

I'm currently trying to create a component that can explore files within Sharepoint using the Sharepoint data connector. The aim is for users to be able to attach documents that are stored on Sharepoint/Teams to different records in the dataverse database that has been created. 

A screen shot of the component is shown below:

Sharepoint file explorer component.PNG

The component loads the Sharepoint documents correctly and I am able to correctly select a document but the issue I'm having occurs when I add the Component to a screen within my application. When a file is selected, the component is hidden which is expected functionality. but once I have the selected document (which is stored in the documentRecord Output property in the screenshot above) I would like to be able to save the data from the selected document into a table in the dataverse database that I have. However, I don't know where to write the patch statement that I would use as I can't find any sort of event where I could write the code for when the component is hidden after a document is selected. 

I tried to use a text box and set it's value equal to one of the fields in the document Record that is output by the component and then use the OnChange event to complete the processing, but this event doesn't seem to activate when the value changes.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can do some processing after the component is hidden?

DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Hi @IdreesAnwar , 

I've moved it to the right form. I apologize for the mess in moving the question, but at least I've made it to keep them together.

Kind regards,

Diana

Kind regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,866)