Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenDonahue
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Re-Opening An Older Application, I See No Data Source Icon

Ultimately, my question will be:

How can I reconnect my application to a data source?

Re-Opening an application that hasn't been used in 12 months, I notice that it has no data source icon in the right hand panel:

BenDonahue_0-1632838983403.png

While researching solutions, I found, from Microsoft, that there are features I need to enable, like "Improve data source experience and Microsoft Dataverse."

BenDonahue_1-1632839090273.png

Clicking the toggle there produces a pop-up telling me that this feature has been replaced with  "Improve data source experience and Microsoft Dataverse," the exact toggle I clicked:

BenDonahue_2-1632839166729.png

There were other steps I completed, like turning on "Use display names" and one other when, upon clicking them, the feature disappeared from the features list. I was supposed to waif for a health check, which didn't happen or was too quick to notice, resolve formula issues, save and restart, which I did, but to no productive outcome.

How can I reconnect my application to a data source?

Thank you for your assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jbrit2020
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

At the top of the page click on the View tab and then Datasources. It will show everything that is connected:

jbrit2020_0-1632839833042.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jbrit2020
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

At the top of the page click on the View tab and then Datasources. It will show everything that is connected:

jbrit2020_0-1632839833042.png

BenDonahue
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Thank you, and very much, so.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,548)