cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
codebrane
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re-authentcate user in app

Is it possible to make a power app ask the user to re-authenticate while in the app?

A tutor grades a student and then submits those grades to a Sharepoint list. The app controls are then greyed out. This is fine. However, to edit the grades, an Edit button needs to force the user to re-authenticate before enabling the controls to allow editing the grades. Not ask for a local in-app password but the user's Office 365 username/password.

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I am not aware of any way to automatically log a user out of a Power App and force them to re-authenticate.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @codebrane 

I agree with @Pstork1 here. To add a bit more, the Exit function takes an optional argument that logs out the user. This would force the user to re-authenticate when they restart the app.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-exit

Although this would not enable the user to re-authenticate while in the app, it might be something you could consider in the absence of not being able to carry out 'in-app' re-authentication.

Out of interest, what is the reason for this requirement? Is the tutor sharing the device/app with the student, and there is a risk of the student marking their own grades?

thanks for that. The use case is to allow only the tutor who graded the student to correct any grading errors as all tutors can use the app and see all the student grades. An Edit button that popped up an O365 authentication box pre-populated with the tutor's UPN would be ideal but looks like it's not possible.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (43,087)