cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vish_p
Helper V
Helper V

Read SMS from user mobile (even when the app is not open) and store it in sharepoint list

As the subject line suggests i would like to read messages received in user mobile (native sms app) and have to store it somewhere (either in sharepoint list or in collection or some other way)

Is there anyway to acheive this ? by default or using any connecters ?

Ready to pay for connecters as well,need to get the job done somehow

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @vish_p ,

Do you want to retrieve the SMS messages from users' Mobile device?

Currently, there is no connector or functions supported to retrieve SMS messages from users' Mobile device in PowerApps. If you want to retrieve the SMS messages from users' Mobile device within an app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dinusc
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @vish_p ,

As far as I know, this is currently not possible. PowerApps does not have access to read the SMS from the device. 

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @vish_p ,

Do you want to retrieve the SMS messages from users' Mobile device?

Currently, there is no connector or functions supported to retrieve SMS messages from users' Mobile device in PowerApps. If you want to retrieve the SMS messages from users' Mobile device within an app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Bobg1
Microsoft
Microsoft

Is it possible to RECEIVE a text/sms through a service like Twilio? And then have that text pushed into Power Apps? (obviously, this would require a separate number in Twilio)

what I’m trying to do is trigger a workflow based on the receipt of a text (independent of where the text is received)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,756)