cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matteoooooapps
Frequent Visitor

Read and manage the choice that user makes in a combo box

Hi,

I made a form for contract management in PowerApps.

I have an edit form with 2 lists:

• Contracts, receives all the information entered in the edit form,
  • Clients, which stores the list of clients and their short ID (ex: Microsoft - MSF).

When adding a new contract, the user can choose the client from the Clients list through a combo box, and the information will be stored in the other list (Contracts).

I'd like to implement the following feature: everytime an user submits a contract, the app has to generate a contract ID composed by:

• the client short ID, from the list called 'Clients',
  • a progressive four-digit number.

The outcome should be like the example: MSF0000

After generating the contract ID, for each contract, I'd like the contract ID to be added in a dedicated column in the list 'Contracts'.

Can anyone point me out a solution in order to read the choice that user makes in the client combo box and generates a preview of the contract code (or at least generates it when the entire form is submitted).

Thank you again and sorry for my english 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @matteoooooapps,

Could you please tell me that how you set the Items property of the Combo Box that you want to get client from Clients list?

Assume that the short ID in the Clients list is a Single-line-of-text, so I will set the Items property of the Combo Box as below:

ClientsList.ShortID

If you want to generate a contractID to a Text column in contract list, you could create a text column in contract list and set the corresponding TextInput within the form as below:

Concatenate(ComboBox1.Selected.ShortID,"0001")
Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @matteoooooapps,

Could you please tell me that how you set the Items property of the Combo Box that you want to get client from Clients list?

Assume that the short ID in the Clients list is a Single-line-of-text, so I will set the Items property of the Combo Box as below:

ClientsList.ShortID

If you want to generate a contractID to a Text column in contract list, you could create a text column in contract list and set the corresponding TextInput within the form as below:

Concatenate(ComboBox1.Selected.ShortID,"0001")
Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,272)