Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hshah
Helper I
Helper I

Read calculated value from Excel and display in textbox

Hi,

Does anyone knows how to read calculated value from excel table ( excel is located in Onedrive ) in powerapps?

Calculation has to be done in excel as based on probabilities scenario, so please dont suggest to do calculations in powerapps. I have been able to read static value fine from the same table and the cell by using filter and lookup function but as soon as the formula is placed on the cell, it reads blank.

I believe this feature has been on backlog for quite some time now. Is there any workaround? Possible to create flow that reads calculated cell value instead of using powerapp functions.

Please advise.

Thanks

Harry

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I managed to achieve this by creating a flow which copies the columns from excel table to sharepoint list and reading value from list column using Last(listname).columnname.

It solves the purpose. However, I get the error message when the app loads that its connected to excel with formulas and is not supported. How do I get rid of these error messages?

View solution in original post

Thanks Drrickryp. That's correct, because its a calculated value - only allowing to read static values didnt help me but I found a workaround as mentioned earlier to have a flow read that value and put in sharepoint list and read from list. Errors I mentioned in the latter part of my previous comment is resolved as well. It was refreshing the table so I can read the new value but again after implementing above solution, removed those commands and worked ok.

Thanks Again,

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
hshah
Helper I
Helper I

Any sugggestions? 

Hi Harry,

From what I know, you cannot use calculated cells in Powerapps, maybe a future improvment !?

You can have a look here : https://aka.ms/powerapps-ideas

Joachim

Thanks for your response Joachim.

It has been in the backlog since beginning of this year. There has to be a workaround - flow??

Its just not acceptable response or timeframe from Microsoft.

Harry

I managed to achieve this by creating a flow which copies the columns from excel table to sharepoint list and reading value from list column using Last(listname).columnname.

It solves the purpose. However, I get the error message when the app loads that its connected to excel with formulas and is not supported. How do I get rid of these error messages?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rorybi @PaulD1 @Drrickryp @timl Any ideas on this one? @topshelf-msft

Hi @hshah,

The only way I found that would read a calculated column into PowerApps from Excel was to import it as a static data source.  This is probably not what you want as you can only use it as a lookup table and cannot modify it.

Thanks Drrickryp. That's correct, because its a calculated value - only allowing to read static values didnt help me but I found a workaround as mentioned earlier to have a flow read that value and put in sharepoint list and read from list. Errors I mentioned in the latter part of my previous comment is resolved as well. It was refreshing the table so I can read the new value but again after implementing above solution, removed those commands and worked ok.

Thanks Again,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,076)