cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Reading Variables of Multiple Instances of a Component on Same Form

I'd initially built out the alpha-version of an app to get user feedback and settle on functionality. It's basic in its structure and I used all OOB components. A major feedback item has been that the stock look is not very good and I'm now redesigning the app to match our company branding. To make supporting the app going forward easier, I've been creating custom components to reuse on the forms, and am finding them very easy to work with and deploy. However, I've run into an issue on one form where I'm reusing a component for section expansion/collapsing. Very simple component with OnSelect setting a variable to true or false to expand the items below it:

image.png

image.png

Expanded is exposed by the output parameter IsExpanded:

image.png

I'm reusing the component 5 times on a form. When I added the section component and wired it to its associated items visibility properties, each section responded correctly.

image.png

When I navigated away and came back, only the last section responded to the boolean change. Is this a limitation of components that they cannot have multiple instances on the same form? If not, how do I get the items to recognize the updated value?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Reading Variables of Multiple Instances of a Component on Same Form

Hi @eauerbach,

If you were experiencing issues involving variables and components, it might be the one we rolled out a fix for earlier today. If that is the case, can you let us know if the issue is resolved for you?

If that is not the case, can you describe more context around your setup?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @eauerbach ,

Do you mean that your variable value in components can not change with the variable?

Yes, it is a known issue. I've reported this to our product team.

Thanks for your feedback!

Here's a similar issue, if there's any reply about this, I will leave message there:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Reusable-componant-bug/td-p/473253

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @eauerbach,

If you were experiencing issues involving variables and components, it might be the one we rolled out a fix for earlier today. If that is the case, can you let us know if the issue is resolved for you?

If that is not the case, can you describe more context around your setup?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Yes, this seems to be resolved. The individual sections are expanding with respect to the clicks. I have a secondary issue with the same control that the text input is not reflected, but I'll address that separately from this thread.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,036)