cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Reading from text document in SharePoint

Hello community,

i have a small question. I have saved a textfile (like in attachments) were i have put some information. Is it possible to read them and save them in different variables in Power Apps. After reading and saving i only want to display them.

I  have (for example) 10 computer and i want to save for example 10 of these text documents (one for each computer) in an SharePoint folder. The "keys/titles" are always the same only the values are changing. I dont want always to open them and search for the specific keys and values. The App should open them all together and over a gallery i want to switch through the docs to show only the important thinks out of the text file.

I have structured all docs in the same "format" : Name, Operating system, OS version, user, Producer. Only the values of these keys are changing. What also is important, it should always look in these files after/before the app is started, maybe there are changes done.

I hope someone can help me with that.

Thank you.

Best regards,

CanD

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

hi @CanD , quick question to you :), is there any reason this must be a text file, can't it be a list in SharePoint containing all the information for the pc's? reading text files will involve a power automate flow which seems a bit of an overkill unless you really need to go that way.

Hi @rubin_boer , thank you for the answer. Unfortunately it can not be a list. I know a sharepoint list would solve this problem really quick. We have some computer and all of them are sending us a textfile with these status informations. Thats why it can not be a sharepoint list...

Helper III
Helper III

@rubin_boer 

I am thinking at the moment to use JSON instead of a textfile, but the question is still the same. Can I take out of the JSON file the individual values via MS Power Automate and save them in PowerApps in various variables or possibly a collection?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (61,090)