cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ms-PowerRanger2
Advocate I
Advocate I

Receive error message attempting to create a Test in Test Studio for Power App

Followed the instructions specified on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/working-with-test-studio to create a test for my power app and it just gives a generic error message when attempting to Save the test.  The error is "This test didn't save properly. Please try again."  I've checked the steps for errors and don't see any.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ms-PowerRanger2
Advocate I
Advocate I

I figured out the issue.  I had a runtime error.  This was my first time using the experimental Test feature and it appears that was holding up my ability to save the Test.  Once I fixed the runtime error which happened to be an issue with a validation setting on the SharePoint List that needed to be removed/corrected, I was able to re-create the Test Case and save it and publish it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ms-PowerRanger2
Advocate I
Advocate I

I figured out the issue.  I had a runtime error.  This was my first time using the experimental Test feature and it appears that was holding up my ability to save the Test.  Once I fixed the runtime error which happened to be an issue with a validation setting on the SharePoint List that needed to be removed/corrected, I was able to re-create the Test Case and save it and publish it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (3,070)