cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lfinman
Advocate I
Advocate I

Recommended dimensions for canvas app embedded in Teams

Are there guidelines for sizing a canvas app that will be embedded in Teams?  I have a canvas app, created in 'Tablet layout' - Landscape orientation, 16:9 sizing - that I have now decided to embed in Teams.  I end up with an awkward tablet-sized rectangle, with dead space above and below.

What are the recommended/required settings for Screen size + orientation?  I have previously implemented a responsive layout in another app, so I can work on that aspect, would appreciate tips on setting screen size (do I set custom dimensions?) and any pointers on creating an embedded app that will display/reflow well in Teams (desktop/web app/mobile).  Primarily interested in desktop at the moment, but mobile will be needed as well.  

embedded app.png

Thanks,

Lyn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alrez
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Typically 16:9 is what we recommend. But since tablets can come in all shapes and sizes that doesn't always work for every device. I would just play around with this a bit until it fits for the device you are using. 

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
alrez
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Typically 16:9 is what we recommend. But since tablets can come in all shapes and sizes that doesn't always work for every device. I would just play around with this a bit until it fits for the device you are using. 

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,397)