cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kbieber
Level: Powered On

Reconnecting to SQL Data Source after password change

Hi - I'm using the SQL Server data source thru the local gateway which has been working fine up until today when I was forced by corporate policy to change the password to the user account, which I did.  Now when I open up my Powerapps forms and refresh the data source, I receive 'One of more of your connections may not be authenticated.  Please go to connections menu to correct them.'  When I go to connections menu and open the connection, it shows connected and there is no option to re-authenticate.  I've also restarted the local gateway.  What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Reconnecting to SQL Data Source after password change

Hi @kbieber,

If you changed the password to the user account of your SQL Server database, the connection that you created to your SQL Server connector within your PowerApps app would be invalid.

The authenticate error may not display under the Connections list, you could consider take a try to update the connection to the SQL Server connector within your PowerApps app to solve your problem.

In addition, you could also take a try to re-add a new connection to the SQL Server connector within your app to solve your problem. 

More details about adding a connection or updating a connection within PowerApps, please check the following article:

Manage connections in PowerApps

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mr-dang
Level 10

Hi @kbieber,

If you open the app in edit mode, do the datasources from SQL still work?

Can you try removing and re-adding your SQL tables as data sources and see what happens?

(Do not remove the connection)

Mr. Dang

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom
kbieber

Thanks for the reply.  I found in my case that my gateway needed updating.  Once the update completed I was able to connect to my data sources.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @kbieber,

If you changed the password to the user account of your SQL Server database, the connection that you created to your SQL Server connector within your PowerApps app would be invalid.

The authenticate error may not display under the Connections list, you could consider take a try to update the connection to the SQL Server connector within your PowerApps app to solve your problem.

In addition, you could also take a try to re-add a new connection to the SQL Server connector within your app to solve your problem. 

More details about adding a connection or updating a connection within PowerApps, please check the following article:

Manage connections in PowerApps

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
baxschwepo

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. After new password there is no connection possible to the SQL datasource which is connected via a Gateway.

I tried the following:

• I updated the datasources in the app:
    • Error Message: "Try Again"
  • I tried to add a new datasource with the existing gateway:
    • Error Message: "inner exception: Gateway on endpoint '<ii>sb://wabi-europe-north-b-relay9.servicebus.windows.net/874f468b-63ed-4dc3-8018-e5fef26833d9/</ii>' is unreachable.
      inner exception: The communication object, Microsoft.ServiceBus.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel, cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state."
  • I deinstalled and reinstalled the gateway with the "repair" option
    • same error messages
  • I deinstalled and reinstalled the gateway with a new server description
    • Error Message: "Credentials are missing or not valid. inner exception: Die für die Quelle "SQL" bereitgestellten Anmeldeinformationen sind ungültig."

Any other ideas what to try?

Thank you!

BAX

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,981)