Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Record value for combo box

Racheli_0-1629719725511.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Anonymous - Can I offer an other approach, such as hiding the "zz combo box" and displaying zz (green border) in a label in the same location, depending on whether the Style combo box value is empty or not? Does it work for you? If that's the case, you can use the code below.

In zzcombobox -> visible property

If(!IsBlank(StyleComboBox.Selected.Value), false, true)

In zzLabel -> visible property

!zzcombobox.Visible 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
PG_WorXz10
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is it a lookup field ?

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you mean?

It is a combo box - its default.

@Anonymous 

The items property of the comboBox is it holding Sharepoint lookup columns or just a text value ?

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this answer your question:

Racheli_0-1629720243908.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

Would it be possible for you to check the column StandardInventStyleId is a lookup column in database or a choice field. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a  lookup column in database

Ashwin7104
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous - Please try below syntax to get value from combo box. In case if it accepts multiple selection, then its  StyleComboBox.SelectedItems

StyleComboBox.Selected.Value

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are 2 combo box.

The right one is "zz combo box"" and the left one is "style combo box".

They are both relate to some products list from the Fin & Ops.

I want,  that when I choose a product style from the "style combo box" the "zz combo box " will be disabled and the item number (this is the zz) of the product will be shown.

Actually, I already have the zz it is shown beneath there in the green border.

Racheli_0-1629721802178.png

But, it doesn't let me to anything but a record.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Lookup columns have Value ID pair.  Is there any way you can lookup the ID based on the value from the Lookup table itself ?

That is why the error message says expected a record value.

Something like below code might work in your case.

{
                        Id: Lookup(OrignalDataSource,YourValueColumnName=CodeItemBase_1.Text).ID,
                        Value:CodeItemBase_1.Text
               }

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (5,232)