cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GertB

Reduce number of decimals

Hi, i'm new to powerapps. I have created a sharepointlist and a mobile app for a field service employee. I just want to reduce the number of decimals in the <totaal materiaalkosten> field to 2. I've tried the round & text functions but it did not do the job. Any suggestions ? In the sharepoint list it's a calculated field currency format (euro) and 2 decimals. Screenshot below. Thanks for help. Gert

Schermafbeelding 2020-11-07 om 10.47.12.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ganeshsanap
Super User
Super User

@GertB Can you please share the formulas you tried so far? It will be easier for us to look at formula and answer your question more precisely.

However, you can try any of the below formula for this:

Round(Value(Parent.Default),2)

OR

Text(Value(Parent.Default),"[$-en-US]#.0")

OR

Text(Value(Parent.Default), "#.00")

Please click Accept as solution if my answer helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. If the answer was useful in other ways, please consider giving it ‌‌👍

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ganeshsanap
Super User
Super User

@GertB Can you please share the formulas you tried so far? It will be easier for us to look at formula and answer your question more precisely.

However, you can try any of the below formula for this:

Round(Value(Parent.Default),2)

OR

Text(Value(Parent.Default),"[$-en-US]#.0")

OR

Text(Value(Parent.Default), "#.00")

Please click Accept as solution if my answer helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. If the answer was useful in other ways, please consider giving it ‌‌👍

View solution in original post

timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi Gert,

For additional info, this is a known issue with SharePoint calculated fields. There are more details in this post here.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/change-the-number-of-decimals-for-a-number/m...

Hopefully, you can solve this by incorporating the round and value functions like so.

Round(
      Value(ThisItem.'totaal materiaalkosten'),
)

GertB

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.  The following formula worked fine for the Tijd (in uren) field (2,5 => 2,50), but nog for the totaal materiaalkosten (4,57 => 4570000000000,00) => 2 decimals but a lot of extra zero's before the comma).

Text(Value(Parent.Default);"[$-en-US]#.00")

I've tried the other formula's, but they all had the same effect.  

I've tried this formula too.

Round(
      Value(ThisItem.'totaal materiaalkosten'),
)

Unfortunately does not do the job. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (54,158)