cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArturasF
Helper I
Helper I

Reference a table with text value

I have many tables (sp lists). I need for user to choose a table variable. Drivers_Alabama, Drivers_Ohio etc

User selects from drop down a text input Drivers_Alabama or Drivers_Ohio etc.

And then in next drop I need to use this text value as a table name, so it would be dependant on that.

I can use TableName as table value, but how to convert text input or inputs to table name? For example strings "Table" & "Name" should convert to TableName table.

3 REPLIES 3
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

@ArturasF 

Why don't you have one table with a field for State?

Thank You for response. It is a hypotetical scenario, constructed in order to understand a problem. 

@ArturasF 

How does this look?  The first dropdown creates a list of table names.  The second dropdown uses the selected table as the Items property after converting the selected text from the first dropdown to the actual datasource. _Screenshot 2020-12-13 121022.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,450)