cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate II
Advocate II

Refresh A DataSource from PowerAutomate

I just got back from Ignite 2019 and I asked one of the experts if I could do this and he said he thought it was possible.  I've not been able to figure it out in the past three days.   It may sound crazy, but I would like to refresh the data-source in my app only if a new item is added to my SharePoint Event List.  Cache build-up from constant refresh to check for new items is crashing the iPad.   I tried to use Flow to create a "When new item is created" and then use "Respond back to PowerApps", but that seems to form some kind of reoccurring loop.  The "Respond back to PowerApps" must only work if the Flow is called from PowerApps.  

At this point I'm just reaching out to see if this is possible and if not, I can just move on to another solution. 

David K Akridge
Chief Information Officer, Mobile County Public Schools
10 REPLIES 10

The loop will be in flow, I think you need to create three loops in order to meet your goals.

Basic design of the flow:

trigger from powerapps --> [Loop: Apply to each]Find the last row of the Sp list and get its ID# and set this as variable1--> Do a loop until (condition for 1 day for testing, 30days is the max)->Inside the loop-> create a 10 mins delay->  Find the last row of the Sp list and get its ID# , do a compare of this ID# to variable1_> if ID# greater than variable1, send back a powerapps variable and set it to true, else do nothing -> go back to the do until loop again

Link for find the last ID (last row) of the sharepoint list, you also need to change the default for 100 items to 5000 max when scan thru the sp list in the setting of the apply to each loop.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Retrieve-last-record-ID-from-SharePoint-l...

Here is a sample to set variable from powerapps->flow->powerapps

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/return-data-to-powerapps/

Hope this help.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,850)