cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnnetteM
Helper III
Helper III

Refresh Attachment Control

I have a PowerApp that when a button is clicked, the SharePoint list data source is patched. One of the columns patched is a status column. I also have a PowerAutomate that when the status changes to a certain designation (as a result from the patch), the flow kicks off. It creates a PDF file, using merged columns and then saves the PDF as a file attachment on the SharePoint list's selected item.

My challenge occurs in the PowerApp. What I would like to have happen is that when the flow is complete, the attachment control on the screen would refresh to show the result from the flow with the added attachment. The only way I can get the attachment control to refresh is to select another record from the gallery and then come back to the initial record. This is not ideal.

Should I have written the PowerAutomate differently and used PowerApp as the trigger, sending a variable back to the PowerApp which then triggered a refresh of the datasource?

Any ideas/examples would be greatly appreciated! 

2 REPLIES 2
JPiercefield
Helper II
Helper II

Time the duration the flow takes and build a delayed refresh in powerapps. Once you click your patch button, it can kick everything off but have a 3 minute refresh delay or something similar. 

Foss3
Frequent Visitor

"Should I have written the PowerAutomate differently and used PowerApp as the trigger, sending a variable back to the PowerApp which then triggered a refresh of the datasource?"

This is what I was going to 
recommend, but it seems you found the solution yourself 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,565)