cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaswiere
Microsoft
Microsoft

Refresh Data Table

I have a data table that is filtered based on data entered in a Search text box. If no data is entered in the text box all the data from the data source is shown.  When data is entered the data table is filtered based on that data.  The data table Items property is set to Search(datasource, TextBox.Text, col1, col2, col3).  

Users can delete rows from this data table.  When they do I want to clear out the Text box and refresh the data table.  Since the text box is cleared, all the data from the data source should appear in the data table.  I do a Reset to clear the TextBox.  When I do the reset, it clears out the data table and doesn't show any data.  After the reset I want the data table to show all the rows in the data source like it does when the Text box is empty when the data table is first display.

Any ideas on how to do this?

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @kaswiere ,

What is the Items property of your gallery?

kaswiere
Microsoft
Microsoft

I am using a DataTable, not a gallery.  The data table Items property is set to Search(datasource, TextBox.Text, col1, col2, col3).  

Hi @kaswiere ,

These controls (Data Tables) behave quite differently to galleries and there are a lot of things that are not possible to do in them (which are easily done in a gallery). I suspect this is just another example.

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @kaswiere ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (6,121)