cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
U_Idigoras
Level: Powered On

Refresh Sharepoint form each time a element is selected on a SharePoint list

Hi

I'm using PowerApps to customize a SharePoint list. It's a list of job offers where there is a button to sign up to that specific offer.

When the button is pressed, the apps navigates to a new screen with a OK message.

My problem is, if I try to select another item, the form appears on that OK screen.

How can I refresh everything each time the form appears? I tried with 'refresh(List)' on 'onVisible' or 'onView' with the SharePointIntegration, but it doesn't work.

Any help would be apreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Refresh Sharepoint form each time a element is selected on a SharePoint list

Hi @U_Idigoras 

You would need to reset the forms

OnNew

ResetForm(your_form_name); NewForm(your_form_name); Navigate(your_first_screen_name, ScreenTransition.None)

OnView

ResetForm(your_form_name); ViewForm(your_form_name); Navigate(your_first_screen_name, ScreenTransition.None)

OnEdit

ResetForm(your_form_name); EditForm(your_form_name); Navigate(your_first_screen_name, ScreenTransition.None)

ResetForm will ensure data from previous cached instance is not held

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Refresh Sharepoint form each time a element is selected on a SharePoint list

@U_Idigoras
I’m not sure I understand exactly what you want to do. Can you please provide screenshots of: what action the user takes to navigate to the OK screen, the OK screen with a good result and the OK screen withal a bad result?

Also, have you tried putting Refresh(your_datasource_name); in the sign up button itself

Please Accept As Solution if this post answered your question so others can find it quicker. If you found the post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up
U_Idigoras
Level: Powered On

first_offer.pngThis is when I select my first element on the SharePoint listsecond_offer.pngIf I close the form window and select a diferent element from the SharePoint list, it loads in this screen.

I hope this make it clearer.

What I want is, everytime a user clicks on a element, the form has to load fresh, on that list screen with the button.

Right now that only happens if I refresh the whole sharepoint web page.

Thank you for your time.

Super User
Super User

@U_Idigoras 

My suggestion would be to change these 3 properties within the SharepointIntegration.  Try this:

OnNew

Navigate(your_first_screen_name, ScreenTransition.None); NewForm(your_form_name)

OnView

Navigate(your_first_screen_name, ScreenTransition.None); ViewForm(your_form_name)

OnEdit

Navigate(your_first_screen_name, ScreenTransition.None); EditForm(your_form_name)

Thanks for sending the screenshots!

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @U_Idigoras 

You would need to reset the forms

OnNew

ResetForm(your_form_name); NewForm(your_form_name); Navigate(your_first_screen_name, ScreenTransition.None)

OnView

ResetForm(your_form_name); ViewForm(your_form_name); Navigate(your_first_screen_name, ScreenTransition.None)

OnEdit

ResetForm(your_form_name); EditForm(your_form_name); Navigate(your_first_screen_name, ScreenTransition.None)

ResetForm will ensure data from previous cached instance is not held

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,564)