cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jchopp
Helper I
Helper I

Refresh after the submit button

I have a display and edit screen.  The movement between the two work real well.  However, if I display a list entry, then edit it and click on submit, it will go back to the display screen with the list entry I just edited (which I want), but then it refreshes within a second and go to the list entry that is listed first in the sharepoint list.

Is there a way to keep it on the list entry that I just edited?

Thanks,

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@CNT I have put everything back like you suggested, and just pointed the "Save" button to go to the ListScreen (Main screen for the app) and everything works that way.  Unless you have something else for me to try with the display, I will just leave it like that right now.

View solution in original post

@Jchopp I would suggest to leave it. Glad o help!

Please remember to give a 👍 and accept the solution as it will help others in the future.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
CNT
Super User
Super User

@Jchopp Set the Item Property of the display Form to viewForm.LastSubmit. Hope this helps!

@CNT 

Ok, I have the gallery1.selected in that field, how do I combine the two?  Or do I replace what I have with what you suggested?

@Jchopp What is the Items property of Gallery1?

@CNT 

SortByColumns(Search('Equipment Tracker',TextSearchBox1.Text,"Title"), "Escrow_x0020_Deadline", If(SortDescending1, Ascending, Descending),"Title", If(SortDescending1, Ascending, Descending))

@Jchopp As I understand you have one Gallery and two forms, 1 Display Form and 2 Edit Form. Both these forms are having the Item as gallery1.selected and after submit, Gallery1 jumps to the 1st record. Is that right?

@CNT 

SOrry, this is what I have:  the edit form goes back to the display form, but instead of the item it was editing, it goes to the first one in the sharepoint list.

@Jchopp normally the gallery will remain in the same item you have submitted. Do you have anything in the Default property of the Gallery?

@CNT 

There is nothing in the default for the gallery.

@Jchopp I hope I've got it right! So, you have ONE gallery and ONE form both having the same datasource('Equipment Tracker'). The Item property for the form is Gallery1.Selected. After Submitting the Form, the Form goes to View Mode. The gallery jumps back to the 1st item.

Can you try leaving the form in Edit mode and see if the Gallery retains the position.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,776)