Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kinghnvn
Helper V
Helper V

Refresh or start app again when click on Dashboard screen

Hi all,

How can set up refresh or start app again when click on Dashboard screen?

Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
AmDev
Super User
Super User

Hi @kinghnvn 

You can add this to the 'OnSelect' property of your chosen control, which will restart the app for the user:

Launch("https://apps.powerapps.com/your_app_URL", "", LaunchTarget.Replace);
Exit()

LaunchTartget.Replace is supposed to replace the current browser tab you are on, but it wasn't working for me, it was just loading the app in a new tab and navigating to that new instance of your app, with the original one still there - so to close the loop, I have added the exit function, which returns the old browser tab back to the Office 365 home page.

Hope this helps in some way - Good luck!

View solution in original post

AmDev
Super User
Super User

@kinghnvn - I have discovered why the replace browser tab was not working for me. The code should be changed to the following i.e. replace the "" with {} as follows:

Launch("your_app_URL", {}, LaunchTarget.Replace)

This also allows you to remove the exit function.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AmDev
Super User
Super User

Hi @kinghnvn 

You can add this to the 'OnSelect' property of your chosen control, which will restart the app for the user:

Launch("https://apps.powerapps.com/your_app_URL", "", LaunchTarget.Replace);
Exit()

LaunchTartget.Replace is supposed to replace the current browser tab you are on, but it wasn't working for me, it was just loading the app in a new tab and navigating to that new instance of your app, with the original one still there - so to close the loop, I have added the exit function, which returns the old browser tab back to the Office 365 home page.

Hope this helps in some way - Good luck!

AmDev
Super User
Super User

@kinghnvn - I have discovered why the replace browser tab was not working for me. The code should be changed to the following i.e. replace the "" with {} as follows:

Launch("your_app_URL", {}, LaunchTarget.Replace)

This also allows you to remove the exit function.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (2,302)